About the people
Chairman: Patrick Henchoz.
Founder of Esporta, which grew to some 40 sites before listing. Seven year chairman of Gymbox.
CEO: Rupert Mackenzie Hill.
Ex-military, founder of a number of software and leisure businesses.
Director: George Scott Welsh.
Angel investor, leisure operator and property developer.
About the gym
Kiss Gyms brings a fresh approach to gym membership. By stripping out unnecessary costs (keeping things simple, streamlining our approach and doing away with pushy sales staff) and by focusing on what matters: great equipment in a great space - we aim to reduce costs to you, but deliver a high quality gym experience.
Swindon: Paramount Bulding, SN1 2SD
London, Acton: Unit 4, 195 The Vale, W3 7QE
We're also working on...
- Our air exchange system has the ability to change the entire air within the gym 9 times per hour, that's once every 7 minutes. That's a huge volume of air within a church like building of 8.5m in height.
- We've invested heavily in technology to do away with traditional reception areas and bubble gum chewing reception staff. You sign up on this website, then simply let yourself in 24 hours a day with a PIN code.
- And since we've done away the reception area, we have a higher percentage of gym floor space than traditional gyms, and that means we can maintain our low prices. The result is a high spec, low price gym.
- CCTV watches over you, to ensure you are safe, and help buttons ensure you can call on someone at any time.
- We keep our full time staff numbers low to be able to maintain our low prices to you, but at the same time we offer you a high number of the best in local Personal Trainers, who you can book via our website.
- And we don't skimp on gym equipment either. For example, our running machines cost £7,000 each, and we open with at least 30 in each site. And by constantly micro-managing the equipment mix, we aim to ensure there's plenty of equipment for everyone, with no waiting for popular items.
We're obsessed by air quality. Have you ever noticed why many gyms, especially the old ones, have stuffy smelly air? That's because of poorly specified, or out of date air handling systems.
We've invested considerably in state of the art systems to ensure complete air changes can happen in less than ten minutes, where at Swindon and Acton we use heat exchange (that's to say your body heat is used to heat the hot water for the showers. How generous of you!)
We keep our full time staffing numbers low to be able to maintain our low prices to you, but at the same time we offer you a high number of the best in local Personal Trainers, who you can book via our website.